All kinds of people seek tutoring: HSC students, mature-aged students re-entering study, international students studying in Australia for the first time, practitioners updating their skills and knowledge and art lovers wanting individual instruction. Students seek support for a wide range of reasons:
- While you work confidently in the studio, the associated written tasks are more challenging.
- With English your second language, you’d like support managing your course requirements.
- You’ve entered visual art from another field and are unfamiliar with its processes, conventions and terms.
- You’re undertaking a performance, photography or video project but your training is in another medium.
- You’re bursting with ideas and need help structuring a project framework.
Are you seeking tutoring to establish a framework for an HSC body of work? January is a great time to meet up – it allows time to explore possible developments without too much pressure.
I can help with all aspects of creative studio projects and/or the associated written tasks.
My teaching strengths lie in providing warm support and clear communication to help you identify, articulate, research, develop and realise your creative studio interests. I back up my holistic, intuitive approach with practical problem-solving and setting realistic goals.
My exhibition practice encompasses photography, video, performance, prints and installation. Depending on your needs, I can advise on theoretical research, key terms and contexts, digital and analogue photographic materials and techniques, project planning, exhibition-quality printing and exhibition design and installation.